Updated: Aug 28, 2021
Important MCQ of Environmental Law
Concept of Environment and Pollution
1. The term "Environment" originated from which word?
2. Environment means?
(A) Human environment
(B) Natural environment
(C) Interrelationship between water, air and land and human being other living creatures slants micro creatures and property
(D) Environment formed by technology.
3. "World Environment Day" is celebrated on
(A) 5th June
(B) 15th June
(C) 1st June
(D) 14th July
4. which of the following is not environmental component ?
5. Ecology denotes relationship between :
(A) Organisms and their environment
(B) Soil and organism
(C) Temperature and organism
(D) Organisms and their capacity of adaptation,
6. Pollution means-
(A) Spoiled food material.
(B) Spoiled air.
(C) A change in the environment which affects our life style adversely .
(D) non of the above.
7. On which date the Ozone Layer Day is celebrated in India?
(A) 13th June
(B) 12th February
(C) 26th April
(D) 16th September
8. Who has first seen hole in the Ozone layer in 1983?
(A) Russian Scientist
(B) American Scientist
(C) Indian Scientist
(D) British Scientist
9. Green House gas brings about the following change in atmosphere —
(A) Increase the temperature.
(C) No change.
10. Air pollution can be prevented by the following —
(A) Planting green trees.
(B) Filtering the industrial smoke. .
(C) Establishing hydro-electric power stations in place of Thermal power station.
(D) All of the above.
11. The chief cause of soil pollution is —
(A) Excessive use of pesticides.
(B) Excessive use of bio-fertilizers.
(C) Excessive farming without irrigation.
(D) All of the above.
12. If the ultra-violet rays from sun reach the ill-effect earth following will be the effect on human being .
(A) Dwarfing of man
(B) Mental under-development of man.
(C) Occurrence of skin cancer in man
(D) All the human population will perish.
13. Which of the following is a traditional energy resource
(B) Wind energy
(C) Solar energy
(D) Geothermal energy
14. Which one of the following is not an ill-effect of deforestation
(A) Soil erosion
(B) Controlled plant and animal cycle.
(C) Excessive floods
(D) Decrease in humus.
15. Which of the following is not a source of water pollution –
(A) Sewage and domestic waste
(B) Industrial effluents
(D) Carbon mono-oxide
16 Which of the following gas is not involved in Acid Rain –
(A) Sulphur dioxide
(B) Carbon dioxide
(C) Oxides of Nitrogen
17. The 'Global-500' Award is given for rare achievement in which of the following field –
(A) Population Control
(B) Pollution Control
(C) Gene Preservation
(D) Environment Preservation.
18. "World AIDS Day" is celebrated on –
(A) 5 th June
(B) 1st December
(C) 14th September
(D) 21s1 March
19. The gases which destroys ozone layer is –
20. Which of the following is the main constituent of the Biogas –
(C) Carbon dioxide
21. Global warming will result in –
(A) Better cosmopolitan relations.
(B) Premature mango fuiting.
(C) Adverse effect on health
(D) B and C both
22. Which one is the main air-polluting gas
(C) Carbon mono oxide
(D) Carbon dioxide
23. The two real components of an ecosystem are –
(A) Plants and animals.
(B) Trees and grasses.
(C) Biotic and abiotic factors.
(D) None of the above.
24. In ecosystem, the meaning of "Hot Spot" is –
(A) A place of high temperature.
(B) A place of low temperature.
(C) A_place having large number extinguishing species
(D) A place having lesser number of extinguishing species.
25. Biotic component of environment is
26. Deforestation is increasing the concentration of the following gas in the atmosphere-
(D) Cation dioxide
27. Which of the following gas is present in the atmosphere in maximum percentage –
(D) Carbon di-oxide
28. Which of the following pollutes the air most –
(B) Combustion of fuel
(C) Wild fire
(D) Solid wastes
29. The Green House gas –
(A) Increases the temp. of atmosphere
(B) Decreases the temp, of atmosphere
(C) Brings no change in atmosphere temp.
(D) None of the above
30 The sun-rays come to earth through -
31 One of the reasons for pollution of water is –
(A) Filteration of water.
(B) Mixing of rain water.
(C) Discharge of industrial wastes and sewage water.
(D) Construction of lavatory.
32. The external solid part of earth surface is called as-
33. Which of the following is an altenative or non-traditional resource of energy –
(B) Wind energy
(D) Natural gas
34. A non-renewable source of energy is –
(C) Wind energy
D) Solar energy
35.The gas which is emitted in the paddy fields and increases the earth's temperature is-
(B) Oxygen mono oxide
36. World Wildlife Week is observed every year on –
(A) First week of January
(B) Last week of June
(C) Last week of December
(D) First week of October
37. Two gases responsible for Acid rain are –
(A) Nitrogen & Hydrogen
(B) Oxygen & Ozone
(C) Nitrogen & Argon
(D) S02-nitrous oxide
38. Vanamahotsava is celebrated every year on –
(A) First week of April
(B) First week of December
(C) First week of july
(D) First week of March
39. Earth Day is celebrated on –
(A) 11 April
(B) 2 April
(C) 25 April
(D) 22 April
40. The percentage of ozone gas in the atmosphere is