Updated: Jan 31
For AIBE 17 , here are some of important information and tips to keep in mind. These will ensure that you have an easy time sitting in the exam hall and are confident in solving the questions.
1. Starting with AIBE XVI (2021), you can no longer take notes, printouts, or anything except Bare Acts inside the AIBEexam hall. Therefore, make sure you have bought the Bare Act books that you can take inside.
2. There are 100 multiple-choice questions in AIBE. There is no negative marking. So make sure you don't leave any questions unanswered.
3. You pass AIBE XVI 2021 if you get 40% of marks in the general category and 35% marks in SC/ST category. That is, general category candidates have to get 40 out of 100 questions correct. And SC/ST have to get 35 answers correct out of 100.
4. After the exam, you either pass or fail. Bar Council doesn’t show the exact marks you score.
5. Questions in AIBE aren’t very tough. They are challenging, but you can easily solve them.
6. You don’t need any law notes for AIBE. Just focus on Bare Acts with the syllabus subjects make sure you focus well on legal maxims and some of the landmark case laws
7. If you have been reading Bare Acts and the syllabus subjects mentioned below for a few months, you’re good to go. Plus, you’ll have the Bare Act books during the exam. So, it’s easy.
8. Read the questions carefully. Several of them can be solved just by reading the question and seeing the index page of the Bare Act of that question. Truly. Read the question. By the language and a few facts, you’ll get to know what the subject is. Now, open that Bare Act book’s index page, and it should help you solve the question. If you need to dive more, quickly go to that Article or section using the page number mentioned in the index.
9. Personal Experience: Since this isn’t a competitive/job exam, people are usually friendly inside the hall. I don’t know about other states or exam halls or anything similar. But while I was giving the exam, candidates sitting near me gladly offered books I didn’t have, etc. So, overall it was easy to solve the questions.
10. There are 100 questions, but if your language understanding (English or in which you are appearing) is good, you can solve them soon and will have ample time in the end to recheck.
11. Once again, in any case, do not leave any questions unanswered. Remember, there is no negative marking!
AIBE OFFICIAL WEBSITE:- https://allindiabarexamination.com/
Syllabus for All India Bar Exam-XVI
Number of Questions
I. P. C. (Indian Penal Code)
Cr. P. C. (Criminal Procedure Code)
C. P. C. (Code of Civil Procedure)
Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act
Public Interest Litigation
Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under Bar Council of India Rules
Labour & Industrial Law
Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Act and Consumer Protection Law
Law related to Taxation
Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act
Land Acquisition Act
Intellectual Property Laws